A Rapid Fire Pistol Camp will be taking place Feb. 10-11 in Colorado Springs, Colorado, at the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center.
Register here: https://ems.usashooting.org/rapid-fire-pistol-camp
The camp is open to all aspiring Olympic pistol athletes (male and female) and coaches. Range space limitations will restrict shooting and drills to 12 athletes. Although the camp is specifically geared for Rapid Fire Pistol, the course will be useful for all types of pistol shooting. The registration fee is $50.
The two days will be full of classroom instruction and some practical application to include dry and live fire.
The camp will cover the following and more:
- Introduction to the sport of Rapid Fire Pistol
- Fundamentals of Pistol Marksmanship
- General training methodology, periodization, and training plan development
- Sports psychology
- Physical fitness
Athletes are required to bring note taking supplies and are encouraged but not required to bring shooting equipment (.22 pistol, ammunition, eye and ear protection, etc).
Instructor will be Keith Sanderson:
- 2008 Olympic Record
- Current Pan Am and National RFP Record
- 2006 Military Rapid Fire World Champion
- 10 World Cup Individual Medals
- Multiple NRA, CMP, and USAS National Championships